VEGETAL PRINTING ON WOOL, SILK, COTTON, LINEN AND HEMP
Intensive vegetable printing course (ecoprinting).
Natural printing, known as eco-printing, is a dyeing technique that involves the use of vegetables (flowers, leaves, berries, roots, etc ...) to make prints on fabric with incredible clarity and ecological methods. The contact between fabric and vegetable generates splendid effects of natural floral imprints in which it will be possible to distinguish the individual petals, leaves with all the veins and roots with all their small filaments. Participants will learn the knowledge to make beautiful prints on fabrics in wool, silk, cotton, linen and hemp starting from fixing (etching) up to the press, actively experimenting all the various stages of the work.
At the end of the course each student will bring home the samples and will receive a certificate of participation and bibliography.
- historical-technical introduction to eco-printing: origins, diffusion, differences and advantages compared to traditional dyeing;
- illustration of the main dyeing plants and common plants;
- walk for the recognition and collection of local plants that will be used for printing;
- plants: when to collect them, how to store them, how to use them in tincture and in vegetable printing;
- the fixing of the color: traditional and innovative ecological etchings of animal fibers and vegetable fibers;
- printing techniques: the various types of support; placement of plants on the fabrics; folds; ligatures;
- color extraction from plants to obtain dye baths;
- the various methods of cooking the prints;
- creation of prints in the color bathroom, dark prints, clear prints;
- eco-printing prints and reserve dyes (shibori), part I;
- how to recycle used plant material and exhausted baths (cooking, etching, color baths, washing waters);
- the good rules to dye safely in your own home;
- washing and maintenance of printed fabrics;
- collective comparison on the prints made and conclusions.
Materials supplied: vegetables, supports, yarns, equipment, bibliography.
Materials for the participants: rubber gloves, apron, paper and pen, scissors, pieces of assorted fabrics in wool, silk, cotton, linen and natural hemp not dyed suitably washed (more details will be provided at the time of registration).
230 + VAT for all two days, 130.00 + VAT if you want to attend a single day
Course also suitable for beginners
Mandatory registration via e-mail email@example.com or by calling 3930012058 (Grazia). The registration is confirmed by sending by e-mail the completed and signed registration form (to be requested by e-mail) with attached receipt of payment of a deposit. The balance can be paid on the day the course starts. In case of cancellation of the course by the teacher the amount paid will be reimbursed.
For lunch: possibility to consume food brought from home within the course venue.